Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Waiting is the hardest part...

(Picture from Google Images)

Yesterday was my appointment for my blood draw. I have to mention that I absolutely LOVE the doctor offices here! The doctor has an office in his home, there is no over booking and he listened to my symptoms and without hesitation said he was going to draw blood and test for NUMEROUS things. I honestly think he marked up that lab work paperwork with almost 50 different items to check LOL. What makes me happy about that is while he was marking he said that my symptoms could be caused from a variety of things and he didn't want to miss anything so he was going to test it all now instead of having to draw blood multiple times and make the wait longer. 

For those that know me personally, you know that I CAN NOT stand to have my blood drawn. I haven't met a single person who has been able to stick my inside elbow and get the vein on the first try. Typically they end up using a butterfly needle in my hand. It's painful but a lot less painful then having both of my elbows stuck multiple times and having bruises for weeks! Well this doctor stuck me once, got my vein on the first try and it was on my inside elbow!!! That might seem small to you but when someone has an extreme dislike for needles/blood draws it's a big deal to have it go smoothly and painless. I mean just look at how my elbow looks today, a day later!
First time EVER not having a bruise!!! Yay for steady, smooth, patient hands on my doc! :)

Now, I was told that he should have my results back by tomorrow afternoon and to call him then. I'm so nervous about it though. I prayed hard last night that it's something that can be corrected or controlled and that my health is not compromised any more than it is now. If you are the praying type then I am making a formal request that you pray for the same for me. I would really appreciate it! 

I plan on updating everyone tomorrow if there is any update to give. Figuring this out and having a "get well plan" laid out would really make Christmas that much better for me. I have spent the last 2 days on the couch watching my kids play because I used a TON of energy over the weekend and I seriously believe I overdid it. What makes that so hard is the fact that all we did was a little shopping and walking around a Christmas Market in Germany. Just a year ago I could have done that EVERY day and not feel like I do now. I'm ready to feel normal again and I am positive my husband and children are ready for me to as well!

I'll keep you updated as I know more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ACM DESIGN STUDIO // POWERED BY BLOGGER