Thursday, March 19, 2015

Stitch Fix - Box #1



I GAVE IN! I decided to try out Stitch Fix and I have to say, it's pretty amazing! You sign up, fill out the pretty detailed survey on your likes and dislikes, your sizes and all that fun stuff. You schedule when you want your box to arrive (can make it a reoccurring monthly thing or you can choose one time) then you can also leave a note to your stylist. 

I chose to do this because I have two toddlers and even when their daddy is with us to shop, I never feel like I can leisurely shop to find items I like and buying online means I am risking it not fitting and then having to return it and so on. Stitch Fix is really risk free in my opinion. There is an initial $20 styling fee that is charged when you schedule your box. That's the only charge until you receive your box, are allowed 3 business days to try the items on and decide what you would like to keep and what you will be returning in the postage paid envelope that is provided to you.


It's very exciting when you box arrives. I mean who doesn't enjoy when someone looks through your Pinterest board (you provide a link to them when you do your initial survey) and provides you items that are already on your board or that are similar to the style. The above picture is my box when I opened it. 


You get 5 items in your box. That includes if you have an accessory, such as a scarf or a piece of jewelry. In my first box I received a pair of jeans, a very cute top, a cardigan, a scarf and a tie waist dress. My stylist (Katie) gave me items that could be put together to make an outfit which was pretty awesome. I have plans to wear it when we are out this weekend. So let's get into what I received. 


The scarf I received is the Octavia Jalisa Floral Embroidered Infinity Scarf. It's not anything that I would have picked up on my own but I am SUPER excited that my stylist sent this to me. No picture does it justice. It's such a beautiful piece and very versatile. I decided to keep this item of course!


Henry & Belle Billy Skinny Jeans are AMAZING! They fit great, are stretchy and make your butt look awesome LOL. They are not cheap by any means but I have always been a girl that prefers to pay for good quality jeans that last as oppose to spending money on cheaper jeans that have to be replaced every year. Another item I kept!


The Fun2Fun Justice Lace Detail Blouse is very pretty. It has lace section across the shoulder area. I loved it from the minute I saw it. The downfall was when I put it on. The length was great and the sizing was perfect but the cut of it is pretty weird so it was pulling in the shoulder and breast area. I had to send it back because there was no way I could wear it with 2 little girls to take care of. 


Laila Jayde Swansea Drape Cardigan is such a great piece. I received it in a cream color that means I can pair it with pretty much anything. It's not heavy so it will work nicely in Spring or even during Summer while out to dinner. the length of it is pretty good especially since I have a long torso and often can't find long enough cardigans. I definitely kept this item. 


My last item was the Market & Spruce O'hara Animal Print Faux-Wrap Tie Waist Dress. This was another item that I definitely wouldn't have picked out for myself but loved it when I saw it. It's a light-weight material that would look great with riding boots or even some thong sandals depending on the day. I planned on keeping it until I put it on. It was NOT flattering to my physic at all. In my opinion it made me look a bit frumpy. I did not keep it. 

Once you decide what you are keeping and what you aren't then you sign back into your Stitch Fix account and complete the checkout process. When you checkout you can leave notes on why you like the item or why you don't like the item. It asks you about sizing, cut, and so forth. 

As for the prices, you give the price range in your initial survey and my items pretty much stuck within those limits. If you keep one item from the box then your $20 styling fee is credited towards the purchase. If you keep all 5 items then you receive a 25% discount. Your box will contain an invoice with all that information on it. I haven't had to deal with sizing issues but from what I have learned, you can simply email customer service and they can work with you on exchanging. 

Overall I believe Stitch Fix is absolutely worth it! I have already scheduled my next one to arrive next month. I don't believe I will get one every month but they have this AMAZING handbag that I hope they send me! I left a note to my stylist asking for it so here's to it being in my next box (hopefully) LOL. If you are interested in trying it out then head over to Stitch Fix and enjoy it! I thought it was pretty fun and a whole lot less stressful than heading to the mall with two kids in tow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ACM DESIGN STUDIO // POWERED BY BLOGGER