Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Healthy Mushroom Pizza

I don't know about you but I LOVE pizza but my body didn't get that memo so when I eat it I am in pain for hours. As much as I love it, it's just not worth it to me. I was reminded of this fact just last night so when I was craving pizza for lunch today I had to figure out a way to have it without the pain. Now don't get me wrong, it's NOT pizza...but it's pretty darn tasty and relieved my craving. 

BONUS....it's healthy!

Just looking at them makes me what another one! :)

Here's the recipe so you can enjoy them as much as I did!

Ingredients:

4 or 5 Portobello Mushrooms
4 Tomatoes
4 Cloves of Garlic
Lemon
1 Onion
Fresh Basil
Olive Oil
Kosher Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
Fresh Grated Parmigiano Cheese

Directions:

*Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (or 205C)

* Chop the onion (I used a whole one but will probably only use 1/2 or maybe 3/4 of one next time

* Cut the tomatoes (I didn't make mine thin...I did more of a cube type)

* Chop the garlic

 * Heat up approximately 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a pan

* Saute the onion in the heated up olive oil and cook until it's lightly browned

* Once the onion is browned add in the tomatoes, garlic, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Saute the ingredients until the tomatoes are soft.

* Add a splash of lemon juice and sprinkle the fresh chopped basil (to taste)

* Spray olive oil on a baking sheet and place the mushrooms on the sheet with the bottom side up. (Make sure you clean up the mushrooms, such as taking the stem out if need be)

* Add the ingredients from the pan into each mushroom and top with grated parmigiano cheese. Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 12 minutes. 

* ENJOY!!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ACM DESIGN STUDIO // POWERED BY BLOGGER