Friday, August 15, 2014

Hummus Crusted Chicken

I posted on Facebook last night regarding what a great dinner I had made. Let me tell you...I devoured my chicken and veggies and so did my hubby! I promised everyone that I would post the recipe so here it is! Enjoy! :)


Hummus Crusted Chicken
Ingredients:
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 zucchini, chopped
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 cup hummus, homemade or store-bought
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 lemon
  • 1 tsp. smoked paprika or sumac
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare one large baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, toss the zucchini and onion with olive oil until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
  3. Place all of the vegetables on the bottom of the dish in an even layer. Lay the two chicken breasts evenly on top.
  4. Season the chicken breasts with generous pinches of salt and pepper then cover each chicken breast with the hummus so that the entire breast is covered.
  5. Squeeze the juice of half of the lemon over the chicken and vegetables.
  6. Sprinkle the pan with smoked paprika or sumac.
  7. Thinly slice the remaining lemon, and place the slices in between the chicken and vegetables if desired.
  8. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.
The original recipe was posted at  http://inspiredcraftideas.com/hummus-crusted-chicken/
***Please note that I altered the original recipe to best fit my family and as always, I encourage you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ACM DESIGN STUDIO // POWERED BY BLOGGER