Monday, June 15, 2015

Spicy Beef & Peppers (Slow Cooker)

This weekend turned into a weekend at home even though we had planned to travel and see a few sites here in Europe. I think I was simply just run down after a week of very sick kiddos. I needed the rest and ultimately had NO DESIRE to cook which is when my slow cooker comes in very handy. I decided to try this recipe out for the first time and we really enjoyed it. It got the stamp of approval from my hubby so it's now on the meal plan rotation. I found the recipe on Pinterest and kind of adapted it to my nutrition guidelines but you can find the original recipe here. Give it a try this week and let me know what you think!


Ingredients: 
2 lbs beef chuck, thinly sliced
1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped into 1 inch squares
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, chopped into 1 inch squares
1/2 medium onion, peeled, cut in half, sliced
1 cup broth (I used organic, low sodium beef broth)
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp – 1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce

Directions:
  • Place the meat on the bottom of the slow cooker.
  • Top with sliced onion. For even better flavor, sauté onion in skillet until golden brown, then add it to the slow cooker.
  • Top with cut up bell pepper.
  • Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
  • Mix the broth with Sriracha. Pour over the peppers and beef.
  • Set on high heat for 3.5-4 hours approximately. My slow cooker works a lot fast now that we are in Europe so I only cooked mine on high for an hour then on low for another hour and it was perfect.

Serve it over rice, quinoa or you could probably even put it into a tortilla! I served mine over brown rice because again, I was being lazy this weekend LOL.

***Disclaimer - the pictures I took DO NO do this meal justice! Sorry but our light fixture in the kitchen ended up being replaced on Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ACM DESIGN STUDIO // POWERED BY BLOGGER