Wednesday, July 29, 2015

5 Tips to Knockout Your Early Morning Workout

 
Let's face it...early morning workouts are HARD! I am so guilty of hitting the snooze button so many times that I end up having to change it from a morning workout to a late night workout. I had to figure out a way to get myself moving in the morning so that I started my day out right and wasn't stressing to find the time to workout. So I came up with my 5 MUST DO things which made it pretty much impossible to miss my morning workouts. 

1 - Sleep in your workout clothes.
I know this sounds a bit out there but one less step in the morning is always a positive for me! I know a lot of other people say to just make sure you lay your clothes out which works great for some but not me! That means I have to not only force myself out of bed but I have to also get undressed then dressed. It just seems like a lot at the crack of dawn for me LOL. But....if I sleep in my clothes then I'm a lot closer!

2 - Enact the 5 minute rule.
So what is the 5 minute rule? Get up and workout for 5 minutes, if after that time you want to go back to be then you can. Let me tell you though, it's pretty unlikely you will want to since you will be up and moving, blood pumping already. That's kind of the point, right?!

3 - Get an accountability partner or group.
For me this is my challenge group that I run each month. We have a great group of people each month that rely on each other for motivation, support and tough love when needed. Make sure you have someone that will either meet you, call you or check in with you some how to ensure you are getting it done. If you want to join our group then you can sign up to make me your free coach and we can talk about adding you to my group.

4 - You have to treat yourself.
No, I'm not talking about blowing your workout with a cheat treat. I am talking about a yummy breakfast. I am an omelet lover. Ham & cheese, turkey & cheese, veggie filled....I am all about the omelets! I tell myself that I do not get an omelet, which is still in line with my nutrition guidelines, unless I complete my workout. For me, that's motivation enough because this girl loves to eat LOL. Find a good breakfast treat that follows your nutrition guidelines and don't allow yourself to eat it unless you get your workout DONE. It's a great motivator for those of us that love food.

5 - Go to bed!!
Getting to bed to ensure you get the appropriate amount of sleep each night is essential to getting up early and working out. For adults ages 18-64 years of age, the National Sleep Foundation recommends getting between 7-9 hours of sleep a night. Now, as a mom of two toddlers, I know that's not always possible. However, when it is possible you should be doing so and if not then adjust your bedtime. Sleep is vital to your body functioning properly! So get to bed....and do it early because you can always DVR those shows! 

Those are just a few of my common practices to help me get my workout done and get it done FIRST thing in the morning. You know the deal, if you have any questions then don't hesitate to message me! XoXo


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ACM DESIGN STUDIO // POWERED BY BLOGGER