Monday, November 2, 2015

21 Day Fix Meal Planning....MADE EASY!

The 21 Day Fix is an amazing program and so many people have seen amazing results because of it (myself included). However, the meal planning portion can make you feel overwhelmed. That feeling can cause you to stop, or not even start, the program. That is NOT what I want for you so I decided to share with you how I meal plan each week based on the 21 Day Fix program. 


The most important step to meal planning for the 21 Day Fix is to gather all of your items needed.  


 I also make sure to have my Fixate cookbook as well as my nutrition guide.


I use a meal planner sheet now that I recently got from a fellow coach.

In these pictures you will see the 21 Day Fix Extreme nutrition guide. I mainly follow that guide (pretty much the same thing except a few food items are either taken away or added plus no wine or chocolate substitutes). The meal planning process is the same thing regardless if you are using the original or the extreme version.

 Now once I have all that gathered I start to fill in the dinner portion of my meal plan. That might seem a little weird to you but since your day is based on so many number of containers, I make sure that I plan dinner first so that I am not running out of containers and can no longer figure out dinner. This way, I take away whatever containers I need for dinner and then the rest can be used for the other meals. 



After dinners are planned then I automatically fill in breakfast and my morning snack. I am a creature of habit and I know what I like to have in the mornings so it's always Shakeology and fruit for breakfast and then my snack is scrambled eggs and a toasted English Muffin. Depending on the day, I can flip flop these as well. If I am able to get an early workout in then I might have my scrambled eggs following that since I am typically pretty hungry after a workout. 



Next is planning lunch! Well if you are like me, I have a hard time getting my green containers (veggies) in first thing in the morning. I don't want to pack all my veggies in at night either because I know that my body needs them to stay fueled. So I like to have salads for lunch. It says grilled chicken salad but you can bake your chicken, or even cook a whole chicken in the crockpot then shred it and use that meat for your salads. It's such an easy way to get 2 (maybe 3) green containers in for the day. I use 1 green container of spinach as my bed of "lettuce" and then 1 green container that's a mixture of tomatoes, cucumbers sauteed mushrooms and carrots. The blue container is my feta cheese then of course an orange container of Fix Dressing. 



The last step is planning my afternoon snack. I always save this for last because it allows me to tailor it to whatever containers I have left for the day. See....there is a method to the madness LOL. Okay so before planning my snack, I go through each day and figure out what containers I need to finish off my day's requirements. This is an example of this week's afternoon snack planning. 


Based on what containers I have left, I fill out my afternoon snack. I have certain go to snacks when I have specific containers left. Such as, if I have 1 purple, 1 yellow and 1 tsp left then my snack is a peanut butter & banana quesadilla. Super easy to just spread a tsp of peanut butter onto a taco shell, slice up half a banana and put it on top of the peanut butter and enjoy. Peanut butter is my go to tsp with an apple or celery. 

Here is my final  meal plan for this week:

 
The meal planning process can seem overwhelming at first but getting a system down will really help you succeed. Don't be afraid to plan out of order! Heck, I start with dinner and then plan the rest of my meals. Hopefully this will help you to plan a little easier. If you have questions the please feel free to email me or comment on this post so I can help you. Also, if you are interested in joining one of my challenge groups to help you drop those pounds (or inches) and stay motivated doing so then send fill the form below out. XoXo




Fill out my online form.
Online contact and registration forms from Wufoo.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it! Please let me know if you have any questions. :-)

      Delete

BLOG DESIGN BY ACM DESIGN STUDIO // POWERED BY BLOGGER