Wednesday, December 24, 2014

My favorite quickie meal

Last night was a little crazy around here because we have a sick 1 year old on our hands and we needed to get her to the doc before the Christmas break. Our amazing doc stayed open late to fit her in so our appointment wasn't until 5:20 pm! On top of the late appointment and stopping by the pharmacy for her meds we also needed to start putting the big Christmas gifts together for our girls. So basically I needed something quick, easy and tasty to fuel our late night work session so salmon and a salad was the best choice. Did I mention it's healthy too? 

Okay so here's what you do for the perfect salmon EVERY time. First, DO NOT preheat the oven. I know, it sounds weird and it is hard not to but I promise this works. Now, take your salmon and put it on an aluminum foil covered pan. Make sure to spray the foil with Pam, especially if your salmon has the skin on. Next, cover the salmon with a light coat of Olive Oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper and sometimes I add some lemon pepper. Once you've done that you put the pan in the cold oven, turn the oven on to 400 degrees and bake the salmon for 20-25 minutes. I served it with a nice salad last night and it was a light and healthy meal with very minimal prep time. 

I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I do! 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ACM DESIGN STUDIO // POWERED BY BLOGGER