Saturday, January 30, 2016

I turned my rough week into a positive...you can too!

I'm just going to say it....

THIS WEEK HAS BEEN PRETTY CRAPPY!

I am not a negative person. I used to be but over the last couple of years I have worked very hard through personal development to change my outlook. It takes just as much energy to be positive as it does to be negative. So even through this rough week, I have done my hardest to be positive. Let me just summarize some of this week's events...


#1 - My husband's new work schedule for the next couple of months started this week. Stick with me for a minute. If you are a military spouse then you will understand this and if not then I will try to explain it so you understand. So the saying among the military ranks is "with rank come privileged". I saw it as a military member myself and I see it happen within my husband's work. This basically means that as you progress in rank you don't necessarily have to take part in some of those extra tasks that get assigned. I was hoping to see that happen with my husband since he tested and has been selected to promote to a Senior Non-commissioned Officer. Unfortunately that wasn't the case so he is part of this extra work schedule for the next couple of months. We were told that it would be 12 hour shifts....no big deal since my husband works 10-11 hours on a regular day but in reality, this new schedule has him working/away from home 15-16 hours! Now some will say "at least he's not deployed" but try explaining that to your children who don't see their daddy because he leaves before they wake up and gets home after they have already gone to bed. My two and three year old don't understand that. But this isn't the sole reason this week was rough....I've learned to "embrace the suck" when it comes to work schedules and my husband. 

#2 - My youngest daughter came down with a fever and wouldn't even leave the COUCH! This is totally out of her nature and actually scared me quite a bit because even when she was not feeling well the week before, she was full of energy and playing her heart out. When she's down for the count and falling asleep in my lap....that means she's pretty sick. Luckily we have an amazing doctor here who, even though he was overbooked, worked us in to be seen and we found out she had a double ear infection and needs to be put on allergy medication. 

(This was before I came down with my migraine...)
 
*** Did you know that if either parent has allergies then the child is has a 70% chance of having allergies as well? I didn't know this and unfortunately, I am the parent with allergies so I'm publicly apologizing to my children now! ***

And since everything comes in threes (at least that's what my family believes)....

#3 - Not only did I get pink eye....I have been dealing with what I believe to be a sinus infection as well as a migraine (from sinus infection & stress) for DAYS. When I say migraine....it's been horrible. The last time I had one this bad, it lasted three weeks during my senior year of high school and I was getting daily shots of morphine! With my husband working, our youngest daughter sick, trying to get our oldest to school and my issues I had to find ways to relieve the pain without sitting in the hospital. Between essential oils, some over the counter medication, a heating pad and as much sleep as I could get when my husband was home....that's how I have tried to heal myself. I'm not back 100% yet but I am feeling better than I did so that makes me happy. 

(Yes I am wearing the same sweatshirt...don't judge...I'm lucky I had it in me to eat!)
 
So why am I doing such a negative post when I am normally such a positive person?

Honestly, I believe that everything is a learning lesson. I strongly believe that God will never give you more than you can handle and it was God who helped me make it this week. I honestly couldn't tell you the number of times I broke into prayer asking God to give me the strength to make it through the day.....and you know what HE DID! It wasn't without a whole lot of tears and prayers but I'm okay with that! This week was one of those defining weeks for me. You tend to experience a number of those when you are military spouse but there are only a handful that really stick with you. This is definitely one of those that will stick with me. It gives me the ability to say "If I made it through that week then I can make it through this." I guess what I am trying to say is that not every day, or every week is going to be positive. BUT you MUST FIND the positive in every situation, day, week, month and even year. 
My positives from this week...

My husband is working long hours and isn't home as much....positive side is that I will be able to dedicate more time to my business without feeling like I'm neglecting my husband. 

My kid getting sick with a double ear infection meant we saw the doctor and established that she needs to be on daily allergy medication. This should help her stay healthier because allergies can bring down your immune system and snot (sorry I know it's gross) is a carrier of germs. 

Getting my migraine this week really helped me learn some great alternative fixes such as my heating pad, essential oils and honestly got me in the practice of talking to God more often. Putting things in God's hands and asking for him to help me. 


If I can find the positives in my past week then I challenge you to find the positives in yours as well! Share yours below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ACM DESIGN STUDIO // POWERED BY BLOGGER