Monday, February 8, 2016

Honey Sriracha Hummus

Okay, I know I am not the only one that dislikes buying hummus at the grocery store! I've honestly done it simply for the convenience and because I never found a recipe that seemed to hit the spot for my husband and I. I don't typically eat hummus unless it's with  my chicken so I like it to have a little spice to it. That's why this recipe is awesome! If you don't like a lot of spice then I suggest cutting down the amount of Sriracha because this recipe definitely has a KICK to it but it's a winner in my book! Plus....I know what's in it and I know that it's natural ingredients. 

(You like my little Sriracha heart? I did that just for Valentine's Day LOL)

Ingredients:
* 2 (14.5 ounce) Cans Garbanzo Beans, drained & rinsed
* 1/4 Cup Sriracha (less if you want less spicy)
* 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
* 2 Tablespoons Honey
* 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
*1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
* 3 Tablespoons Cold Water

Directions:
1. In a blender, add the garbanzo beans and puree until pretty smooth.
2. Add the Sriracha, olive oil and honey. Blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides.
3. Add the garlic powder and salt. Blend again. Taste and season with salt to your liking.
4. With the blender running on low, add the cold water slowly through the lid. Once all the water is in, let puree until creamy. You may need to scrape down the sides. 

I can't wait to put this on top of some chicken for Hummus Crusted Chicken this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ACM DESIGN STUDIO // POWERED BY BLOGGER