Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Banana-Apple Muffins

My oldest daughter is out of school this week for Carnival break but my youngest daughter still goes to daycare a couple of days. Since we get a couple of days just the two of us I figured her and I could bake together. She absolutely loves helping me stir and mix everything together and then scooping it into the pan so who am I to deny the help?!

 (Isn't she just the cutest thing helping her mommy out?!)

Problem is that I did not want to make something unhealthy. It's rainy and cold here in Europe so I we are cooped up in the house all week. So I started the search and ended up at Autumn Calabrese's page. I absolutely love her and her workout programs plus I know her recipes are always pretty good so when I found this one I decided it was a must try and we already had everything on hand so even better. 
Here's the super simple recipe:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Tablespoon Melted Butter, cooled
2 Large Eggs
1 Cup Mashed Bananas (about 2)
1/2 Cup Chopped Apple (chopped into small pieces, it was 1 apple for me) 

***I used honey crisp apples because that is my family's favorite***

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the almond flour, salt and baking soda into a medium sized mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter and eggs.
4. Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients.
5. Stir in the bananas and fold in the apple.
6. Spoon batter into muffin cups. (Mine made 9)
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Watch for them to start browning. I baked mine for 30 minutes and they came out great but it depends on your oven.

My 3 year old was so excited to not only help but eat one as well!

You can also make a cream cheese frosting for them. I did not but here is Autumn's recipe for the frosting:

Ingredients:
4 oz Original Cream Cheese
1/8 Cup of Confectioners Powdered Sugar

Directions:
Blend it all together and frost the muffins once they have cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ACM DESIGN STUDIO // POWERED BY BLOGGER