Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Some SERIOUS Sweat!

Today's workout was Sweat and they were not lying. There is a reason it's titled that LOL. The first two workouts I didn't really sweat but I felt a burn. Today I not only felt the burn and sweat but I even had to do the modified version of some of the exercises. I have not shame in doing that though since I would rather get a good workout WITHOUT hurting myself. Heck I even hit child's pose a time or two. Oh and did I mention...the temp here is in the 50s and I was sweating so much I had to open the windows for some cool air LOL.

I think this workout is exactly what I needed. I definitely love that it's low impact. That not only saves my knees and hips (previous injuries from the Army) but I also can do my workouts while my kids nap. I loved T25 but it's hard to get a jumping and intense workout in on hardwood/tile floors without making a ton of noise and waking the kids. PiYo allows me to get that intense workout without keeping the kids up.

I do have to warn, I haven't used some of the muscles that were worked yesterday in a long time so I ended up needing hot water and a dose of Tylenol for my sore back. It was totally worth it to me though and stretching today before the workout felt amazing!

So far so good....bring on tomorrow's workout! :)

*** Side note ***

Today was another day that I could have used the excuses I brought up yesterday (among others) but I chose to not let my excuses stop me. As I sit here I am listening to my 2 year old yelling "MOMMY" because she doesn't want to take a nap and wants me to get her up. I actually listened to that through my whole 30 minute workout. I didn't go get her...I focused on ME and MY HEALTH. She has something to drink, she ate lunch already and she's watching a movie. She doesn't need me...I NEED ME!

NO EXCUSES! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ACM DESIGN STUDIO // POWERED BY BLOGGER