Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Balsamic Steak Salad

Yesterday I posted on my Facebook page about my iron-deficient anemia and how beef contains around 2.1 milligrams of iron per 3 ounces. Since I was experiencing a major headache thanks to low iron I decided to whip up this salad for a bit of relief. Like I said on my page, this isn't a fix to the problem but it did give me a bit of relief from the headache that was quickly approaching migraine status. The salad is delicious I might add! :)


Ingredients:

5-6 oz Steak
Sea Salt
Black Pepper
Garlic Powder
4 Tsp Olive Oil
1-2 Cups Spinach (or Mixed Salad Greens)
1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (cut into halves)
1/2 Cup Champagne Mushrooms (cut into halves)
Balsamic Salad Dressing

Directions:

Season steak on both sides with sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.

Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.

Add the steak to the skillet; cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, or to desired doneness. Remove the steak from the pan and keep warm in aluminum foil. 

Add the mushrooms to the pan and sauté until done. (You can add a splash of soy sauce if you desire. I do if I know my husband will be eating the mushrooms.)

Cut the steak into slices. Set aside.

Place your spinach (or mixed salad greens), tomatoes and mushrooms on your plate. Top with steak slices and drizzle with organic balsamic dressing.

***If you choose to make your own balsamic dressing then take 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar, bring it to a boil then reduce the heat to low so it's at a low boil for 3-5 minutes, or until the vinegar thickens into a glaze.***

ENJOY!!! XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY ACM DESIGN STUDIO // POWERED BY BLOGGER